|White Collar and General Criminal Defense, and Government Investigations
The Firm’s Criminal Defense practice provides clients with thorough and aggressive representation in all state and federal courts throughout the state of California, assistance with internal investigations, and representation of witnesses and targets in government investigations.
Our experience includes the representation of numerous individuals and clients under investigation for, or charged with, white collar offenses including federal tax investigations, defendants in fraud prosecutions, import and treaty violation investigations, and the subject of a massive state fraud investigation, among others. We have represented witnesses, served as counsel to employees of an institution that was the subject of a government investigation, conducted internal investigations, and have represented corporate clients in self-reporting to government agencies.
The Firm also represents clients in both state and federal courts in defense to a wide variety of other criminal allegations, including serious felonies, drug offenses, DUI’s, juvenile matters, and appeals.
Representative matters include:
- Fraud investigations and charges, including tax evasion, tax preparation, structuring of deposits, recycling fraud, and health care fraud;
- Importation and treaty violations, including the defense against importing restricted goods into the United States, and the representation of individuals under investigation for the sale of regulated munitions list items in other parts of the world;
- Internal investigations and corporate compliance matters, including multi-national corporations and local businesses;
- Counsel to employees related to investigation of companies, including employees of an international company under investigation by state environmental agencies, and a major hospital under investigation by federal agencies for fraud;
- Representation of clients in administrative proceedings that parallel criminal actions, including defense of company to Board of Supervisors’ motion for civil penalties, and even Department of Motor Vehicles hearings;
- Reporting and securing prosecution on behalf of victims of crime, including violent crimes and attempted extortion;
- Writs and Appeals
- The representation of numerous individual criminal defendants in state and federal courts, including Federal Agents, an executive of a multi-national corporation, professionals, and juveniles in defense to a wide array of criminal charges.