The Firm’s experience in Health Care Law and related areas of law uniquely positions the firm to handle a vast array of matters on behalf of physicians, health care providers, and other health care professionals in their business and private endeavors.
Representative matters include:
- Negotiating and Drafting Health Care Business Transactions, including contract negotiations; formation of corporations, partnerships and joint ventures; mergers and acquisitions; physician recruitment and retention arrangements; expense sharing agreements; management agreements; and other alignment models. We also unwind transactions, as necessary, to address changing regulatory standards;
- Regulatory Compliance, including the proactive implementation of compliance programs, policies, and procedures to address Stark, fraud, and abuse laws;
- Licensing of Medical Technology, including generating licensing agreements between pharmaceutical companies and physicians, and income guarantee agreements;
- Billing and Reimbursement Issues
- Licensure and Staff Privilege Matters
- Internal Investigations, including consulting with clients regarding isolated legal issues before any governmental third-party inquiry has arisen, and assisting clients in implementing necessary corrective actions, up to and including self-disclosures to governmental authorities when appropriate;
- Defense of Civil, Criminal and Administrative Health Care Fraud Claims, including fraud claims, Stark law violations, and navigating other federal and state statutes regulating financial dealings.
In addition to our Health Care practice, our other areas of expertise allow us the opportunity to represent physicians and other health care professionals in their private endeavors outside the health care context.