State Criminal Defense
In addition to representing our White Collar clients, we regularly represent clients in state courts in defense to a wide range of felony and misdemeanor drug, DUI, assault, and other serious charges. Stewart Powell is an experienced former prosecutor, having worked for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office for more than 11 years. We understand the procedures and policies of local prosecutorial agencies and we use that knowledge to intervene on behalf of our clients at an early stage to achieve successful results. When disposition is not possible, Stewart relies on his extensive trial experience to defend clients through trial.
Our representative matters include:
Assault and Violent Crime
- Former LAPD officer accused of sexual assault on several women working as police
- A man charged with the illegal possession of a cache of assault weapons and
- Executive of an international corporation charged with assault while on a company
- A young adult accused of a gang-related felony assault and great bodily injury
- A non-resident attending college as a foreign exchange student who was charged with sexual assault on a fellow college student
- A mother accused by her 12-year-old daughter of assault
- A juvenile charged with multiple counts of lewd conduct
- Numerous clients charged with misdemeanor or felony domestic violence
Drug and Alcohol Charges
- A student attending a football game at the Los Angeles Coliseum arrested for being drunk in public.
- A marijuana dispensary and its owner charged with unlawfully cultivating and selling marijuana for profit.
- Our practice includes regularly representing clients in DUI cases both in court and in
administrative hearings before the California DMV. These cases have involved individuals whose blood alcohol level was above the legal limit, who were under the influence of narcotics, and who refused chemical tests.
- Numerous clients charged with drug offenses, including possession, possession for
sale, transportation and related charges.
We also represent clients in a variety of proceedings after conviction. We have:
- filed writs challenging court rulings
- represented defendants in probation violation hearings
- represent defendants in expungement of conviction motions
Even seemingly minor criminal charges can be life changing, including not only possible jail time and fines, but other collateral consequences such as the loss of employment or a professional license. To see how Yacoubian & Powell LLP can help you or a loved one in connection with a recent arrest or ongoing criminal case, call Stewart Powell at (213) 955-7145 or email to email@example.com.